A.1.--- (Recent) Scholarly Publications
- Gunel, M., (Accepted). Implementing the Argument Based Inquiry: A Case of Turkish Setting. In B, Hand & L. Norton-Meier (Eds.), Voices from the International Classrooms: Argument Based Inquiry. Sense Publisher.
- Gunel, M., & Hand , B. (accepted) The Impact of Repeating Embedded Multi Modal Representations and Audience Feedback within Writing to Learn Activities in Learning Physics.In D. Treagust., R. Duit & H. Fischer (Eds.), Multimodal Representations in Physics Education. Dordrecht, The Netherlands, Springer.
- Gunel, M., & Hand , B. Embedding multi modal representations into writing-to-learn activities: Effects on college students’ understanding of physics.International Journal of Science Education.
- Gunel, M., Ozer-Keskin, M., & Keskin-Samanci, N. (in press). A paradigm shift for teachers’ professional development structure in turkey: Moving from instruction to learning. In K. Dikilitas (Ed), Innovative Professional Development Methods and Strategies for STEM Education. USA, IGI Global.
- Norton-Meier, L., Hand, B., Gunel, M. & Akkus, R. (in press). Aligning teaching to learning: A three-year study examining the embedding of language and argumentation into elementary science classrooms. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education.
- Gunel, M., Kingir, S., & Aydemir, N. (in press). The Effect of Integrating Multimodal Representation within Non-Traditional Writing Task on Student Learning in Electrochemistry. In B. Hand & M. McDermett (Eds.), Multimodal Representations in Learning Science. Dordrecht, The Netherlands, Springer.
- Sahin, H., French, B., Hand, B., & Gunel, M. (in press). Detection of Differential Item Functioning in the Cornell Critical Thinking Test Between Turkish and United States Students. European Journal of Psychological Assessment.
- Hasancebi-Yesildag, F., & Gunel, M., (2014). Delving into the effect of argumentation based inquiry approach on learning science from multiple perspectives. Journal of Research in Education and Society. 1 (1). 23-44.
- Gunel, M., & Tanriverdi, K., (2014). In-service Teacher Training from International and National Perspectives: the Retention and Loss of Institutional and Academic Memories. Education & Science. 39 (175), 73-94.
- Demirbag, M., & Gunel, M. (2014). Integrating Argument Based Science Inquiry with Modal Representations: Impact on Science Achievement, Argumentation and Writing Skills. Educational Sciences: Theory & Practice (ESTP). 14, 1 (1-20).
- Ozturk, B., & Gunel, M. (2015). Writing and Its Use as a Learning Tool Through Teacher’s Perspective: Instrument Development and a Pilot Implementation. Elementary Education Online. 14(2), 713-33.
- Gunel, M., & Kilic, B. (2014). In a Changing World Our Unchanged Perception: Professional Development. 414, 13-15.
- Çevik, Y. D., Haşlaman, T., Mumcu, F. K., & Gökçearslan, Ş. (2015). Özdüzenlemenin Dikkat Kontrolü Boyutu: Bir Ölçek Uyarlama Çalışması. Başkent Üniversitesi Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi, 2(2), 229-238.
- Haşlaman, T., Aşkar P. (2015). The measures of students’ self-regulated learning andteachers’ supportive self-regulated learning behaviors. Hacettepe University Journal of Education, 30(1),106-121.
- Olkun, S. Altun, A. Gocer Sahin, S. ve Akkurt Denizli, Z. (2015). Deficits in Basic Number Competencies May Cause Low Numeracy in Primary School Children. Education & Science, 40(177), 141-159.